Dirtworks 100km MTB Race – 7 May ‘06
There’s only two long mountain bike races around New South Wales a year, and this is one. The entries opened in December, five months ago. So naturally I didn’t have one, but by 8 o’clock on Friday evening with some strings being pulled I was all set to go. On the drive up I randomly met some other SAffirs from Cape Town who had been riding the Argus since they were 9, and were also doing the MTB race. So I camped with them and their crowd, some of whom I met before at various events. The race started at 630 at zero degrees, damn it was cold. Some good riding for a 100km including a hike-a-bike section that Hano would be proud of. Not much single track but some good technical rocky fire road with lots of small drops. After six hours it all came to end, thankfully, 1500m of climbing and 30 degrees of temperature rise later. Good race!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hey timmie, was easy to work out the blog name, just switch c to t and you use colin's
nice to see you are not getting fat and doing all this adventure stuff. i hope you have fun in canada, go rent some DH bikes and hiot the north shore, try beat my 34minutes for the grouse grind, go play some volleyball at kits beach and if all else fails, there's always wed nite sailing at royal van, with an awesome buffet that is real easy to scam
Tell us what sports you are doing down the mines in Canada?
Look forward to the California highway notes.
Cheers from more ozzies on the move (blogless) in Singapore.
Post a Comment