
Well so the kayak has been paddled, fixed, paddled, fixed again. The Knysna hubby pumps have been installed, the seat modified so its now "low profile". Then I wrapped it up in bubble wrap and cheap camping mats, and took it to the airport yesterday to freight across. Hopefully it will arrive before the race starts - otherwise I am in a pickle.

The race. A 130km race down the might Avon river. Normally its a trickle of minor water like last year. But this year global warming and all that its been raining solidly for the last 2 weeks and it in flood. Last year it was 0.36m - boney. 0.6m is a good level -this morning it was 1.15m. So things are looking interesting specially seeing as though I am one of the few in a fibreglass boat. And one of the fewer in a super unstable K1. But that is the way it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment