Thursday, March 01, 2007
It rained in Sydney....
Rain - not a common thing in the last while, they say 90% of NSW is in drought and the major election battle is where to build the desalination plant!
At 9.00 am I got an email:
Tim, Kangaroo River is at 4.6m. Need I say more.
No..
A couple of hours later we were on our way south the Kangaroo river. A nice creek with some easy grade 3 rapids, aabout 1.5 hrs South. We had paddled the river once before where we scraped down - then it was at 0.85m. Some flooding along the way let us know there had been some serious rain.
So after a short 5km run to do the car shuffle, Richard, Jiri and I where on our way. There were some good rapids, an awesome ledge to paddle over that was run a couple of times. A couple of good surfing waves and nothing too scary. All in a days work.Shh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment