
So the question I have is if its called the 6ft track marathon - then why does it have to be 45km long - not 6ft? And why does it also have to have 1500m of climbing and 1800m of descending? Apparently six foot tack was created back in the day for explorers to visit the Jenolan caves from the blue mountains.
Anyway to cut a long run short:- Its a great race, my first running marathon (even though it was off road).
- Excellent scenery, river crossings and weather for it.
- First time amongst the running nerds i.e. people who can tell you what pace you are running without a GPS.
- I was glad off the "rests" walking up the pluviometer hill - apparently unless you are top ten don't run.
- Finished in the 150's of 850ish in 4:52. Winner a guy aptly named "SLEEP TRAIN" did it in 3:15 crazy bastard.
- Cramping was only in the muscles I had, and I don't have many so it wasn't too bad.
- Its almost easier to run it than mountain bike it. Last time when we attempted to do it by bike we ran out of water, food and survived by eating wild blackberries, but thats another story.
- Running it after a 48hr flight from London is only going to lead to pain - hey Dave!

No comments:
Post a Comment