Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summertime in Canada..


A few days back in Sydney then off to another disputed former French Colony -this time Canada. Not much time for anything with 5 days on site and 3 days travelling all packed into 9 days away.



Guess who's gear I was wearing...(okay the pictures a little grainy N... O............)

The tundra is great this time of year, lakes, permanent daylight, and balmy 20+C days (and nights).

The Grose grind 780m ascent

I took out 50 minutes and 13 seconds to do the Grose grind (Yes I expect Steve to have beaten this) but I had to deal with Sunday traffic of kids in prams, and half of Vancouver making the most of their 3 months of summer. I even found a small patch of snow at the top. Then it was off to my favourite store MEC to spend a small fortune on more outdoor gear that I didn't want or need as usual.

Vancouver - like Sydney but with snow capped mountains in the background.

From my favourite store to my favourite airline, aircanada, who ahad only lost my bags once this trip - an all time record - Well done guys!

1 comment:

steve said...

I'm pretty sure i did, was a fit young bike cabbie in those days.

don't you reckon we could have that kind of thing on platteklip (or somewhere else on tbl mtn), with the whole electronic timing?