Well not much. That was easy. Last weekend headed out to Bathurst, a country town (2-4hrs depending on traffic) west of Sydney. It's made famous by a motor-racing circuit that goes up a hill called mount Panorama. We were there to do the Blayney to Bathurst cycling race (one of only 2 mass participation races in the year).
I was going to write about it when the results came out so I could judge how it went better, but they have been dragging their heels and website time is still wrong according to Mr Suunto T6.. I think I was 132/260ish people so around the middle in 3 and a half hours fro 110km. It was a fairly tough course with lots of undulating hills, two savage climbs (the last one being up Mt Panorama). I started off with the Funriders in the last group and went from the start - we caught the Div3/4 people after about 30minutes, just as they were climbing a hill and their pack split - so no rest in a big group. From there I was trying to recover before the climbs, and the groups weren't working too well, and there was some guttering. All in all a good race and introduction back into road racing. The hardest part was riding from the finish back to the start to fetch the car - took another 2hrs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Classic, I have done the Bathurst race track before..in my cousin's golden holden..it's normally a public road i think, and probably the hilliest motor race circuit around....nellie is like james small, plays well with a monster babbelas
Hows that Maties top. Still the best looking one yet. Tell your buddy on the right to get some bibs. Styleman would have a real problem with the stomach sticking out!
Post a Comment